WHAT IS CAR SHARING?
For an increasing number of people and companies owning a car is too expensive. And yet, they do need a car. The Car Sharing service is the answer to their problems. It allows them to conclude that living without owning a car is not an issue.
The car sharing service allows people to use a set of cars collectively. One books a car and then use it. One only pays for as long as one uses the cars.
The car sharing service offers different types of cars: cars that suit one's family needs, but also business cars, such as chic utility cars and space wagons.
Since users do not own a car, they do not pay for car insurance, parking, maintenance, and so on.
In short, the car sharing service is an ideal solution to one's needs, especially if one drives less than 10.000 km per year.
HOW DOES THE CAR SHARING SERVICE WORK ?
In order to benefit of the car sharing service, one needs to become a member of the Cooperativa Car Sharing Trentino, and pay a membership fee (either for one year, or a trial membership fee for 4 months).
Once you are a member of the Cooperativa Car Sharing Trentino, you can book a car either through our website (http://www.carsharing.tn.it/), or by calling our call center (02 6616 5179 ). Once you pay the annual fee, you receive a key that gives you access to the car keys.
Here is how it works in details.
Step 1 - BOOK A CAR. Each time you wish to get car, as a member, you have to book it. When you book a car, you have to indicate how long you want the car for. You can book on-line (http://www.carsharing.tn.it/index.php?id=5) or by phone (02 6616 5179). Our call center answers every day, 24h.
Step 2 - USE THE CAR. Once you have booked your car, you can go and get it in the relevant car park, where you will leave your car again once you will have finished using it. For the time of your booking, you are entitle to use the car as if it were your own car.
Step 3 - PAY FOR IT. You will periodically receive a bill with all the details about your car usage.
WHY CHOOSING CAR SHARING?
Using the car sharing service has the following pros:
- TIME SAVING. When you own a car you waste time in many ways (washing your car, paying the car insurance and the like, changing the wheels, having the car repaired or checked, getting petrol etc.). All the little tasks connected with owning a car are performed by the Cooperativa Car Sharing Trentino for you. So you waste no time.
- MONEY SAVING. If you use the car sharing service, you pay only for using the car. No unexpected costs.
- CUSTOM-MADE CARS. The car sharing service offers you different kinds of cars. Utilty cars, Multi-utility cars, hatchbacks, sporty cars.
- HELPING THE ENVIRONMENT AND YOUR CITY. It has been shown that by using the car sharing service one drives less, thereby reducing air pollution. Moreover, one reduces the number of circulating and parking cars; your city will benefit from it.
HOW MUCH DOES CAR SHARING COST?
Users have to pay for (i) the membership fee and (ii) their car usage. The car usage's costs depend on how many kilometres one drives (0,40 euro per km till 100 km/ 0,30 euro per km if one drives more than 100 km within one booking) and on how long one uses the car for (2 euro per hour from 7am to 10pm, free otherwise). These features include taxes.
Any other cost (oil, car washing, car insurance etc.) is up to us.
We envisage special car usage costs for families, groups and companies (please call our call centre for further information).
There are special discounts for those who have a seasonal ticket for the public transports, together with special offers on weekends (please call our call centre for further information).
HOW IS THE CAR SHARING SERVICE ORGANISED IN TRENTO?
There are 12 cars available. They are located as follows.
- 4 cars are located in the city centre (Piazza Dante, Piazza Venezia/Port'aquila, Piazza Fiera) Look at the map (LINK)
These cars can be booked and used 24 hours a day, every day.
- 4 cars are located in car parks in South Trento (the Big Centre area, and in the car park in Via Crosina Sartori, behind the entrance to the S. Chiara Hospital). These cars can be used from 5 pm to 7 am every working day, and 24h otherwise.
- 2 cars are located in North Trento (Tridente). These cars can be booked and used 24 hours a day, every day.
- 2 cars are located in Povo. One car can be used 24 hours a day, every day. The other car can be used on weekends.
HOW DOES ONE BECOME A MEMBER?
In order to become a member of the Cooperativa Car Sharing Trentino, you just need to come to our office (via Brennero 98 -- follow the signs "Trentino Mobilità").
Can you tell me about opening times of your office in Trento?
From Monday to Thursday 8.15 - 12.45; 14.45 - 17.00
Friday 8.15 - 12.30
Which documents do I have to bring for becoming a member?
You can find the membership schedule here
You can find our contract details here
You can find regulation and fees here
Moreover, when you go to the office you need to have:
- your driving licence
- your BANK IBAN CODE
- your TAXPAYER NUMBER (codice fiscale, or National Insurance Number (NIN), or Tax Code)
- 50 € (Trial Membership for 4 months)/ 150€ (standard membership for one year)
NB: Possibly, contact us before coming to the office; we will make sure that there is someone who speaks English waiting for you in the office.
IF I AM INVOLVED IN A CAR ACCIDENT IN WHICH I VIOLATED THE STREET CODE, DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR EVENTUAL DAMAGES?
Would I need to pay for the damages caused by, for example, my missing a stop sign, or going 10 km above the speed limit?
No, you do not need to pay for any damage due to your car accidents. Our car insurance is in charge of that.
Drivers only have to pay possible fines due to their violation of the street code.
DO I HAVE TO JOIN THE CAR SHARING SERVICE FOR A FIXED TIME-PERIOD? CAN I JOIN THE CAR SHARING SERVICE ONLY FOR A FEW MONTHS/ONE YEAR AND THEN LEAVE?
There are two membership fees for the car sharing service. The first type of membership (the standard one) lasts one year. The second type of membership (the trial one) lasts 4 months. Both memberships can be renewed or interrupted at the end of the relevant time-period.
ARE CARS GENERALLY AVAILABLE? / DO I NEED TO BOOK THE CAR SEVERAL WEEKS IN ADVANCE?
It is always guaranteed that you will find a car if you book one day in advance. Last minute bookings come with a 90% probability to find the car one wants. We are committed to keep this probability rate stable.
ARE CARS MORE OFTEN AVAILABLE ON WEEKENDS OR WEEKDAYS?
As mentioned in the question above, it is always possible to find a car available on weekends and weekdays.